Drafting next posting for two decades ...

At midnight on Inauguration Day 2009, I'll post my first real blog entry here.

It's a story I've been struggling with how to tell for more than 20 years. I shared it with an editor in an informal conversation. And he said, "You've got to write a story about that some day."

I've written several drafts and then started all over months or years later.

But I think I finally have it just right thanks to the "closure" that comes tomorrow with Obama puts on Abraham Lincoln's bible his left hand -- one I shook about 8 months ago when he was in town here the Sunday before the Ohio primaries. I couldn't quite reach his right hand as he was passing through but he reached back with his left to shake my hand before moving out of reach.

Please let me know what you think of the story and whether you have similar ones to share. Write through commentary posts. Or just write to me -- tom@4tom.net.

Tom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoping childhood friend in 1976 no longer thinks: "God must not love me because he made me black"

My 54 years of lessons about Black Lives Matter (especially living in Alabama & Kentucky homes)

Back Out Dining In: What's new & reassuring for safer indoor dining experiences?